BUILDING & STANDARDS COMMISSION
Wednesday, December 14, 2022
FIRST FLOOR OF CITY HALL
7008 S. RICE AVENUE
BELLAIRE, TX 77401
Dan R. Collins
SPECIAL SESSION - 7:00 P.M.
Announcement of a Quorum - Christina Stone, Chair.
Call to Order - Christina Stone, Chair.
Rules for Public Comment
1. Sign up forms will be available at all Regular and Special meetings for registering the names of members of the Public who wish to either: i) speak on an agenda item, provided such items have not been the subject of a prior public hearing; or ii) make a general comment related to the Commission business. These forms will be given to the Secretary prior to the start of the meeting so that the person's name can be called to address the Commission at the appropriate time.
2. Public Comments on agenda items will be made at the time an agenda item appears in the Order of Business and before the Commission's consideration of that item.
3. Public Comments of a general nature shall be made at the time designated by the Order of Business.
4. All public comments shall be limited to six (6) minutes per speaker with extensions of two (2) minute increments as approved by a majority vote of Commission members present.
5. Public Comment at Workshop meetings will be allowed at the discretion of the Chair. Any comments will be limited as described in Article IV Sec 8.
Approval or Correction of the Minutes
Consideration of and the possible action on the approval of the minutes of the Regular Session of the Building and Standards Commission of the City of Bellaire, Texas, held on Wednesday, July 27, 2022
Building _ Standards Commission - Jul 27 2022 -Draft Minutes
Consideration of and the possible action on the approval of the minutes of the Regular Session of the Building and Standards Commission of the City of Bellaire, Texas, held on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Building _ Standards Commission - Nov 02 2022 - Draft Minutes
City Council Liaison Report - Jim Hotze, Council Member
Unfinished Business, Communications and Reports
Consideration of about amending Chapter 9, Buildings, Article I, In General, Section 9-5, Duty of Contractors and other Persons Performing Construction Work within the City, of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Bellaire, Texas, for the purpose of requiring enhanced jobsite maintenance requirements - Submitted by Christian Somers, Interim Assistant Director of Development Services, Building Official and Floodplain Manager.
Docket # BNSC-2022-01: A public hearing on an application filed by Ravi Thakkar, President, Thakkar Development Corporation, for an appeal of staff's determination to allow a single-family home to be occupied without the installation of a residential fire sprinkler system, at the property located at 4521 Wedgewood, Bellaire, Texas 77401, and which does not comply with the 2019 International Residential Code, Section R312 Board of Appeals, R112.2 Limitations on Authority.
i. Presentation by the Applicant
ii. Presentation by the City
iii. Public Comments
iv. Rebuttal by the Applicant
v. Questions by the Building Official, and, or the Commission
vi. Consideration of, deliberation by and action on Docket Item by the Commission
Report from Christian Somers, CFM, Interim Assistant Director of Development Services, Building Official, and Floodplain Manager.
Reports of Committees, Communications, and Staff Other than the Building Official
The Chair shall recognize any Commissioner who wishes to bring New Business to the attention of the Commission. Consideration of New Business shall be for the limited purpose of determining whether the matter is appropriate for inclusion on a future agenda of the Commission or referral to Staff for investigation.
Announcements and Comments by Commissioners
City of Bellaire Texas