BUILDING & STANDARDS COMMISSION
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Council Chamber and Telephonic
FIRST FLOOR OF CITY HALL
7008 S. RICE AVENUE
BELLAIRE, TX 77401
LOCAL DIAL-IN NUMBER:
TOLL-FREE DIAL-IN NUMBER
850 9448 5715
Dan R. Collins
NOTICE OF POSSIBLE TELEPHONIC PARTICIPATION
Pursuant to Section 418.016 of the Texas Government Code, on March 16, 2020, the Governor of the State of Texas granted the Office of the Attorney General's request for the temporary suspension of certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act to allow for telephonic or videoconference meetings of governmental bodies that are accessible to the public in an effort to reduce in-person meetings that assemble large groups of people, as a precautionary measure to contain the spread of novel coronavirus COVID-19.
As that temporary suspension remains in effect, notice is hereby given that individual members of the Building & Standards Commission of the City of Bellaire, Texas, may choose to participate in this Regular Session telephonically rather than in person.
Additionally, members of the public will be entitled to participate and address the Commission, either telephonically or in person, at the time for public comment at the time for personal/audience comments. Any person desiring to address the Commission telephonically must submit their request via e-mail to [email protected]
The request must be received prior to the posted start time of the meeting, include the speaker's full name and the phone number from which they will be calling in to participate in the meeting. Speakers will be recognized in the order in which their requests are received.
The local dial-in number to participate remotely in the telephonic meeting is 346-248-7799 and the toll-free dial-in number is 1-888-475-4499. Meeting ID: 850 9448 5715.
Members of the public may view a live broadcast of the meeting by visiting the City's website: https://bellairetx.new.swagit.com/views/21, U-Verse Channel 99, Comcast Channel 16, and the City's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bellairetx.gov.
An electronic copy of the agenda packet for this Regular Session is posted online, and a recording of the telephonic meeting will be made available online at /Portal/MeetingInformation.aspx?type=28.
REGULAR SESSION - 7:00 P.M.
Call to Order
Announcement of a Quorum
Rules for Public Comment
1. Sign up forms will be available at all Regular and Special meetings for registering the names of members of the Public who wish to either: i) speak on an agenda item, provided such items have not been the subject of a prior public hearing; or ii) make a general comment related to the Commission business. These forms will be given to the Secretary prior to the start of the meeting so that the person's name can be called to address the Commission at the appropriate time.
2. Public Comments on agenda items will be made at the time an agenda item appears in the Order of Business and before the Commission's consideration of that item.
3. Public Comments of a general nature shall be made at the time designated by the Order of Business.
4. All public comments shall be limited to six (6) minutes per speaker with extensions of two (2) minute increments as approved by a majority vote of Commission members present.
5. Public Comment at Workshop meetings will be allowed at the discretion of the Chair. Any comments will be limited as described in Article IV Sec 8.
Approval or Correction of the Minutes
Building & Standards Commission - May 26 2021 - Minutes - Pdf
Unfinished Business, Communications and Reports
Swearing In of New Commissioners (incoming Commission assumes duties and outgoing Commission retires)
Introduction of Incoming Commissioners
Election of Chair and Vice Chair
Adoption of Rules of Procedure
Report from the Building Official
Reports of Committees, Communications, and Staff Other than the Building Official
Communications to Commission Members Outside of Posted Meetings
Reports from Staff Other than the Building Official
The Chair shall recognize any Commissioner who wishes to bring New Business to the attention of the Commission. Consideration of New Business shall be for the limited purpose of determining whether the matter is appropriate for inclusion on a future agenda of the Commission or referral to Staff for investigation.
Announcements and Comments by Commissioners
City of Bellaire Texas