BUILDING & STANDARDS COMMISSION
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
FIRST FLOOR OF CITY HALL
7008 S. RICE AVENUE
BELLAIRE, TX 77401
Dan R. Collins
REGULAR SESSION - 7:00 P.M.
Call to Order
Announcement of a Quorum
Rules for Public Comment
1. Sign up forms will be available at all Regular and Special meetings for registering the names of members of the Public who wish to either: i) speak on an agenda item, provided such items have not been the subject of a prior public hearing; or ii) make a general comment related to the Commission business. These forms will be given to the Secretary prior to the start of the meeting so that the person's name can be called to address the Commission at the appropriate time.
2. Public Comments on agenda items will be made at the time an agenda item appears in the Order of Business and before the Commission's consideration of that item.
3. Public Comments of a general nature shall be made at the time designated by the Order of Business.
4. All public comments shall be limited to six (6) minutes per speaker with extensions of two (2) minute increments as approved by a majority vote of Commission members present.
5. Public Comment at Workshop meetings will be allowed at the discretion of the Chair. Any comments will be limited as described in Article IV Sec 8.
Approval or Correction of the Minutes
Building & Standards Commission - Jan 22 2020 - Minutes - Pdf
Report from the Building Official
Reports of Committees, Communications, and Staff Other than the Building Official
Communications to Commission Members Outside of Posted Meetings
Update from the Building and Standards Commission and the Environmental Sustainability Board subcommittee
Reports from Staff Other than the Building Official
Discussion, consideration, and possible action on proposed amendments to Chapter 9, Buildings, of the City of Bellaire’s Code of Ordinances, including Section 9-16, Building code adopted, regarding codes adopted by the City; Section 9-17, Amendments to building code, regarding requirements for environmental reports; and Section 9-18, Drainage requirements for residential construction, regarding drainage requirements for all new construction.
Presentation of the City's third-party inspection process.
The Chair shall recognize any Commissioner who wishes to bring New Business to the attention of the Commission. Consideration of New Business shall be for the limited purpose of determining whether the matter is appropriate for inclusion on a future agenda of the Commission or referral to Staff for investigation.
Complaint # 2020-01 - 915 Wildwood
A public hearing, discussion, consideration, and possible action on a complaint filed by the Building Official to consider or determine whether the structures located at 915 Wildwood St., Bellaire, Texas 77401, comply with the minimum requirements of the City of Bellaire, Texas, Code of Ordinances and to consider or determine whether the structures must be vacated, repaired, secured or demolished in accordance with Chapter 54 and/or 214 of the Local Government Code of the State of Texas.
Presentation by the Building Official
Response from the Property Owner
Questions from the Commission
Closure of the Public Hearing
Deliberation and Possible Action by the Commission
Announcements and Comments by Commissioners
City of Bellaire Texas