BUILDING & STANDARDS COMMISSION
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
FIRST FLOOR OF CITY HALL
7008 S. RICE AVENUE
BELLAIRE, TX 77401
Dan R. Collins
REGULAR SESSION - 7:00 P.M.
Call to Order
Announcement of a Quorum
Rules for Public Comment
1. Sign up forms will be available at all Regular and Special meetings for registering the names of members of the Public who wish to either: i) speak on an agenda item, provided such items have not been the subject of a prior public hearing; or ii) make a general comment related to the Commission business. These forms will be given to the Secretary prior to the start of the meeting so that the person's name can be called to address the Commission at the appropriate time.
2. Public Comments on agenda items will be made at the time an agenda item appears in the Order of Business and before the Commission's consideration of that item.
3. Public Comments of a general nature shall be made at the time designated by the Order of Business.
4. All public comments shall be limited to six (6) minutes per speaker with extensions of two (2) minute increments as approved by a majority vote of Commission members present.
5. Public Comment at Workshop meetings will be allowed at the discretion of the Chair. Any comments will be limited as described in Article IV Sec 8.
Approval or Correction of the Minutes
Building & Standards Commission - Oct 23 2019 - Minutes - Pdf
Building & Standards Commission - Nov 11 2019 -Workshop Summary - Pdf
Report from the Building Official
Reports of Committees, Communications, and Staff Other than the Building Official
Communications to Commission Members Outside of Posted Meetings
Reports from Staff Other than the Building Official
Presentation and possible discussion on the standards and practices for new commercial developments in the City of Bellaire.
Approval of the Building and Standards Commission's 2019 Annual Report to City Council
The Chair shall recognize any Commissioner who wishes to bring New Business to the attention of the Commission. Consideration of New Business shall be for the limited purpose of determining whether the matter is appropriate for inclusion on a future agenda of the Commission or referral to Staff for investigation.
Announcements and Comments by Commissioners
City of Bellaire Texas